Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cake Requests

Regretfully, I will be unable to continue doing cakes every weekend. For all new cake requests, I will only be able to book every other weekend. This is not something I really WANT to change, but this hobby has made my life extremely busy. When I first started doing this, I wasn't working and had plenty of time on my hands. Once I started working again, I thought limiting my decorating to one order per weekend would be enough to still keep up with everything else, but it's next to impossible.

Because I am such a perfectionist, I will stay up all hours of the night working until I end up with something I am truly proud of. I promised I would never overbook myself to the point where I felt I needed to rush. And with the amount of cake requests that have been coming in lately (4 emails today alone), I fear that this is where I will end up if I keep going like this. I spend all hours of the night during the week baking practice cakes for new recipes, sketching out ideas, and making fondant decorations for upcoming cakes. I guess you can say I’d prefer my cakes to be produced with quality, not quantity.

I really enjoy my hobby and definitely do not want to give it up, but with the lack of sleep from cake decorating, my job, our social events, and our baby, it is quickly catching up with me. So, for now, this is just how things will have to be. I will continue to book orders for only every other weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment