Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cupcake Cake Pop - Disaster

These were the first cake pops I made. I made them earlier this week. They turned out so awful that I didn't even want to post the pictures, but I used them as a learning experience (after all, it was my first time making them), so I thought, "What they hay!" and decided to post them anyway. I'm really unhappy with the way they turned out, they ended up looking really messy and sloppy, so being the perfectionist I am, this was really not OK! But I learned so much about each step as I went, that next time I'll know what to do to avoid the problems I had! Who knew melted chocolate was so difficult to work with?!








I had just a little bit of supplies left to practice making a couple more. I figured out what I needed to do to make the chocolate less messy, but I am still not quite satisfied with the way the pops didn't hold their original shape.

So my first cake pops may not turned out as I planned, but they still taste HEAVENLY! I have to distribute some of these messy-looking bad-boys out to other people, or we're in trouble here!

No comments:

Post a Comment