Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Red, White, & Blue - Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies

I have seen brownies made from cake mix before, but never tried it myself. I saw a recipe for red velvet brownies online, but I didn't have all the ingredients I needed. I saw that Bakerella made brownies from a chocolate cake mix, so I tweaked that recipe a little for the red velvet box of cake mix I had in my pantry.

Brownies:
1 pkg Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
8 tbsp water

Cream Cheese Topping (Bakerella's Recipe):
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese (softened)
2 eggs
1 lb confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

I dyed some of the cream cheese topping blue before I swirled it on top. It kind of baked into the brownie in some places, so there are parts where the cream cheese is sandwiched between the brownie. The verdict? YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment